Eighteen months, is that a short amount of time for you or an endless period of time? Eighteen months is a lifetime for one person who entered the world and my heart eighteen months ago.
Living 1,600 miles away from family does not allow for frequent visits. So when an opportunity to babysit this summer for an extended period of time presented itself, I jumped on it.
I’ve spent the last two weeks marveling the knowledge gained in only eighteen months.
- sparkly beads are essential
- climbing is an adventure
- arms will catch and hold you
- laughter is contagious
- naps revive
- water is fun
- food nourishes
- conversations include hand gestures (even when no one understands your language)
- songs are to be sung at the highest volume of your voice
- no fear in trying new things
- Grandpa and Grandma will cater to your every whim
I can’t wait to find out more about this little one in the years to come!