I mentioned to my husband I was working on this post. I started to ask him if he had any suggestions, when he began to smirk. I could see a glint in his eye. I decided not to ask for any suggestions. His list and my list would not be the same.
I imagine his list would say:
- Ride your bike more.
- Walk three miles every day.
- Organize your office.
- Dust your office.
- Put everything back in its place immediately after using said item.
My list, on the other hand, says:
- Build in time to go out with friends more often. Coffee, lunch, happy hour, dinner are all options I need to remember for get-togethers with friends. Life gets busy and I get stuck in the rut of being home.
- Clear my desk. Stacks of papers and books seem to grow and grow. I need to find a place for each.
- See more movies. I love those recliner seats in movie theaters. When I can get to the first showing of the day, it is not only cheaper, but there are fewer people. I just forget that is an option for my day.
- Take my mom out for lunch. I try to savor every bit of time I can with my mom. She’s 87 and seems more frail every year. We need to spend quality time together, just chatting about her life or my life in general.
- Sit, sip, and savor a lovely glass of wine before dinner. Doesn’t that sound good? Usually I am so busy preparing dinner, I don’t have time to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. Often when I have a guest for dinner, they sit at the counter, sip wine and visit with me while I’m finishing up preparations. I need to try this out too.
There you have it, my five things to do more often. Who knows, I might even do a few from my husband’s list too. 🙂