Let’s get this writing party started!
This is my eighth year participating in the March Challenge and every year there is trepidation on the starting day. The question being, will I be able to do this again? Of course there is complete relief pressing the publish button on March 31. No longer questioning if I can do it, but instead joy that I did rise to the challenge and I did post some bit of writing every single day.
Since this is my eighth year, I thought I’d use that number eight to share a few fun (or would odd be a better word? 🙂 )facts you might not know about me.
- My first job (not including babysitting) was at Orange Julius. I don’t think I’ve been to one in forty-five years. I wonder if I would still like that drink.
- I can drive a stick-shift car. (Although it’s been many years since I last drove one, but I think it’s a little like riding a bike. You never forget how.)
- My mother was a beautician before she was married, so she always styled my hair. I complained often that I didn’t like it. My father told me, “One day you will look back on these pictures and thank your mother.” That’s not going to happen. I cringe when I look at most pictures of me as a child.
- Dark chocolate and coconut, what’s not to love?
- I never learned how to do a cartwheel.
- “The Sound of Music” movie was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. I had only seen movies sitting in our car at the drive-in.
- I enjoy creating/making things. A few crafts I dabbled in are: quilling (an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs), cross stitching, tole-like painting, stamping to create cards, and playing with beads to create jewelry. This month I will spend my time crafting words. 🙂
- I love Mary Engelbreit’s art, especially her Queen of Everything art. That may be a title I’ve embraced occasionally.
For new readers, I give you eight additional facts. If you are a regular reader, you may already know these bits about me:
- My name is LeAnn, but elsie is my blogging name. (My initials are LC.)
- Forty years ago I married a guy I met in Philosophy of Education during my last semester of college. He had been in other classes, but I only observed him, never talked to him.
- I have a married son who lives in Southern California and we drive out there several times a year to visit and enjoy two granddaughters (ages 14 and 3).
- I retired after thirty-two years of teaching. (I taught third, fourth, fifth grades, Title 1 reading, and Reading Recovery).
- I still work part time providing schools with professional development on balanced literacy practices.
- Most of the time I enjoy cooking. I am always trying new recipes. I’m sure there will be a food posting at least once this month.
- I love to travel! Ocean and river cruises are my favorites, but I don’t mind a road trip either.
- This month pushes me to try some different ways to write.
Thanks for reading and especially thank you for commenting. Let’s have fun this month!