Seven days . . . what can happen in seven days? It begins with a trip to the airport to welcome my friend, Kim, from California. Then . . .
- we have a picnic dinner prior to enjoying a Tent Theater production of All Shook
- we relax, chat, and shop for groceries.
- we spend a day living in the 1800’s at Silver Dollar City.
- we hang out at a pool, eat Frito Pie at Caspers (requested by Kim because of this post), sample popcorn, and begin our road trip to Warsaw, IN.
- we study a map, plot a route, and begin the next 425 miles of our trip to Warsaw, with perhaps a few moments of “Are we on the right road?”
- we meet up with the best people I am privileged to call friends. Friends is not even the best word for these people who have touched my heart. All year long, I anticipate the moment we are reunited. Then I relish every second I get to spend with with them.
- we spent two days filling our minds with new ideas from incredible presenters at the All Write conference.
- we met new friends in real life, not just through their written words. They were just as delightful in person, as we knew they would be.
- sadly we were forced to say good-bye to all to begin the journey home, but we know that we will come back, and we will be welcomed with open arms.
Time speeds up when you are immersed in celebration and joy. What a gift friendship is.