Each Saturday, Ruth asks us to take a moment to stop and reflect on the week. What do I have to celebrate? I begin the day thinking I have nothing to celebrate this week. I’m not going to post this Saturday. Then I read celebrations and my mind starts to spin. Yes, there are celebrations I can share from my week.
1. A walk around the yard leads to discovering the new growth that was not there a week ago. Hostas have sprouted, the hydrangea is breaking through, and the peach tree now has baby leaves. I know the blossoms will soon follow.
2. Time to spend creating a gift for a friend.
3. A friendly face who wants me to step outside.
4. Sunshine and warm temperatures to allow me to sit on the patio to read and capture pictures of friends who sing to me.
5. On Wednesday, my husband uttered some of my favorite words, “Do you want to go get pizza and a salad?”
Just when I think there is nothing to celebrate, I discover I was mistaken. There are so many moments to celebrate, I just need to look.