Today I begin the final year of my fifth decade. I thought I would reflect on 27 things that I love since it is the 27th day of the month and you would be completely bored if I tried to create a list to match my age. The first six on the list are rank ordered by importance but the rest are randomly listed. What do I love, let me tell you:
1. Mike, my husband, who has put up with me for thirty-six years.
2. David, my heart that walks the earth outside of my body.
3. Allie, my daughter-in-law, she loves my son and that is enough.
4. Maddy, my granddaughter, she puts a smile in my heart and on my face.
5. Other family members, those near and far.
6. Friends, they are family without the blood connection.
7. Traveling, where shall I go next?
8. Time, does one ever have enough? I love it when I find I have time to do whatever I want. That is a luxury I do not take for granted.
9. “Where do you want to eat tonight?” Those words are music to my ears, I don’t have to fix dinner.
10. Picture books, I am addicted to reading them and figuring out who needs to read this book.
11. Library book sale helps to feed my addiction at a low cost.
12. Patio in the backyard, the best place to sit back, relax, and read.
13. Peach tree in my yard, oh, the bounty is juicy-ful, but the season is too short.
14. Browsing the picture books of Barnes and Noble (we don’t have an independent book store in town, :-(), this fuels the addiction.
15. Key lime pie concrete, this is only available for about a month in the summer at our local frozen custard stand. Oh the tartness combined with sweetness is deee-liiish-ous!
16. A package containing a book in the mailbox. Need I say more? I didn’t think so.
17. Playing Draw Something and having a conversation through the chat option with friends I don’t ever see and some I have never met.
18. Ocean cruise, river cruise, any kind of a cruise.
19. Shoe shopping and finding shoes, I love a new pair of shoes.
20. Meeting friends for coffee with time to sit, visit, and sip.
21. Good health, at least I think so. Friday I have a physical, so we will see what the doc says.
22. Comfortable weather to ride my bike. This means low 70′s, sun, no wind.
23. Blue cheese, love, love, love that tangy taste mixed into food.
24. Coconut crunch, a coconutty, vanilla pudding, whipped cream dessert that I always requested on my birthday.
25. Starting the writing journey by blogging.
26. You, if you are reading this, I want you to know how much I appreciate your comments.
27. I did not have to make my birthday cake today. I ordered an Elvis cake. It is banana cake filled with a peanut butter ganache and peanut butter frosting.
There you have my list of things I currently love. I know I wouldn’t want to live without one single item. I hope you might have found yourself as a part of one of my things.